College Post (Year Before Entering)

Toot Noot

Today I have college just to talk about. I've decided to try and major for Software Engineering!! I was going to do Computer Science at first but then I saw the differences and thought to myself that I think I would really rather do Software Engineering because of what it has compared to Computer Science. I've seen Computer Science is more focused on algorithms and computing concepts and Software Engineering is just more hands on with making things. That's what I've wanted when thinking about what I want to do and how I think it'll help me more so I chose that instead of Computer Science.

The only little problem with that is that there are only like 3 colleges/universities that do Software Engineering!!! Every other institution does Computer Science!! THAT SUCKS!!!!! I've found a school that is 2 hours away (my school of choice currently) and another which is 4 hours away but it like #1 college in the state so there is no way I would ever get into that especially with my lower than average grades. I'm fine with the 2 hour away one though cause I've looked at it and the area is great. Its along the coast like how I am right now so I get to walk to a beach, there is an aquarium 15 minutes away from it, there are lots and lots of stores around it so I can just go shopping whenever I feel like it, and a bunch of other stuff I've always wanted to have around me.

I've been kind of looking forward to college a little because it means I get to be more independent and less worried about classes I don't care about, but then the classes that I do have to care about will be much harder than in high school (I imagine. Especially for someone who doesn't study at all!!! I need to start getting on that.) At least (for the college of my choice) I will get to be able to live somewhere else then my home of almost 18 years. I've gotten really tired of staying in the same room for all of my life so now I will be able to live somewhere else, with no one to bother me, where I can do anything I want, and where I don't get discouraged to do stuff because other people are around.
It's like that thing where when you want to do something by your own choice, you get to do it with motivation, but the moment someone comments on it or tells you to do it anyway, you lose all motivation on it and don't even want to do it anymore. It's weird but I've always been like that when I'm trying to do something around my house that isn't in my room. So now when I have people around me that don't care or just no one around, I can have the motivation to actually clean around or just make food or something by my own choice.

OH about my lower than average (I think) grades (like on average 3.5/5 or something like 3/4 GPA), I plan on doing the SAT and ACT tests so I can have a better chance of getting into that college that I want to get into. I've talked to friends about it, they said it was alright, I just need to really practice with practice tests and stuff and then I should be fine. I'm definitely going to do all of that especially before I take the tests in December. I hope I do great!!! And I think I'll do great if I take billions of practice tests.

I've really been excited for college and wanted to write down more about it than I already have on twitter. It's basically the same stuff but just in this written form over here on this website. Thanks for reading if you have, much love <3.

- tootuh nootuh :3